Monday 18 January 2010

Colour Inspiration

I got an awful lot of my inspiration for my colour palettes from just watching Disney films and taking in what sort of colours they used. It seemed to me we were heading in that direction. I looked specifically at films directed at girls, like Sleeping Beatuy, Snow White, The Little Mermaid, but mostly Beauty and the Beast. I was interested in the colours they used in Belle's room for that movie, and I wanted to explore a similar colour palette for our own environment.

I noticed the colour script artist on the movie used a lot of girly pastels for her room. As well as an analogous complementary colour palette, based on greens and violets.

Here are some of the screen shots I took while researching for this project.



No comments:

Post a Comment