Wednesday 10 February 2010

Beds



We don't have a finalised concept of the room right now so the bed colours are all I have to work with. Once I have a cleaned up drawing of the room I will try to figure out what all the colours of the thing will look like. For now, this is what I have to work with. Blake did the line art and as you can see here I've gone through all the colours I made (and uploaded in a previous post), and tried to come up with 5 different colour themes for the bed, based on each palette. It wasn't easy. It took all day to do. I did 30 ideations in all, and have asked the group to come up with more if there is nothing I have done here that pleases them. I need more input than just "yes" or "no".

As you can see here, and from the other post, I used complimentary colours that had greens and yellows in them (so, yellow and voilet, green and red etc), harmonized them by mixing them together and playing around with the values and intensity. I know all of the beds don't work together, and maybe they wont pick any at all. But the point is that we have something to work with. I need to know however, why the group think something doesn't work so that I can work harder on the thing and come up with something more pleasing, so I'm asking for more feedback than I might have before.

It's time we started moving on with this now. We still have a lot to do and time is starting to run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment