Sunday 21 February 2010

Lighting

So, as you might be able to tell from my previously posted facebook conversation, I am having some troubles with lighting. The problem is getting the light to shine through the window and reflect it on the floor. At the moment the room is only lit by candlight, which doesn't illuminate it very well at all. My light shinging through the window should work, but at the moment the lights seem to be ignoring the fact that there is an object in the scene. There might be something wrong with my settings, I don't know, I will just have to ask Steve tomorrow, or Alex on tuesday.

The reason why I need this to work so badly is because I'm going to be showing the change of day through the light of the room, which should add to the animation we need to show interacting with the environment. The candles with also flicker one once the scene becomes night.

I just wish I didn't have this problem. I really wanted to get this done before Tuesday coming, so that the group could move on. At least the colours for the room work though, in my opinion. I haven't posted anything that I have done onto the group blog yet because I've wanted to show the group the finished result, lights and colours and everything. They will see it all tomorrow, on Monday anyway.

I've also decided that, if I can't get the desired effect I need with the day change in Maya with basic lighting, I might just adjust the lighting and colours in After Effects, once everything is rendered and being edited.

No comments:

Post a Comment