Wednesday 10 February 2010

More Colours









Right. So yesterday I was asked to make a final design so that we could get on with the work.

So onto why I chose the colours I did. Well, yesterday I was asked to go with something more green. When originally discussing the colours of the room, Johnathon made it clear he thought a green room would be disgusting. I went along with that idea, and tried to only use green as an accent colour. But then the group decided they wanted something more green, even though I had showed them something similar to what they asked me for and they didn't like it.

The problem I think we're having at the moment, especially with the colours, is decision making. I'm coming up with as much as I can, in order to give them more choice. I think I'm going to ask them to come up with their own colour choices, even though it's my job, so that we have more of a range to go with. Because this is taking forever, and I need to think about lighting.

With these colours I've tried to work more with the neutrals, adding tints and shades to them and using the main colours (with a little bit of their complement added so that the colours are less garish and don't clash), only as accents. Green is evident in each because that's what the group decided on overall. Though Alex came up with a nice idea that we could even use golds instead of greens, just to be a little bit more adventurous and not so obvious. But no one else liked this idea, so we went with the green thing. Trying to keep the group happy and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment